Friday, October 24, 2008

i780 crash and restoring data all over again

My i780 crashed on me yesterday. The finger mouse disappeared and the touchscreen became unresponsive. I backed it up via sprite backup software and did a hard reset. My first hard reset for my i780. After my hard reset i restored my backup data and lo and behold... the problem was still there. And to make matters worst is that all the .exe file stopped working. I was very disappointed with sprite backup because it did not do what it should have done. Yes it backed up the installed softwares but all the shortcuts became disassociated with its exes. Damn! So I did what i dreaded the most-- installing all my apps all over again. First, I backed up again my phone but now I only backed up my contact and messages. Did a softreset and then reloaded my contacts and messages. Atleast sprite restored that. I lost all my games and some of my not-so-important apps because im lazy to install all of them. I might do that some other time.

I thought I had to install all my apps all over again when the new 6.1 update is released. Boy was i wrong. Moral of the story is dont thinker with your gadgets too much. Hehe. But i cant help it.

update: it was NOT Sprite caused my exe problems but a app called Clear Temp. It supposed to erase all my temporary internet files but it also erased all the registry associated with all the apps I installed.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bryron,

    I work for Sprite Software and would like to know which version of Sprite Backup you are using? I am the Support Manager in Sprite and there are no known issues with restoration of applications.

    I am confident the restore of your backup file will go smoothly - if you are interested in having me assist you please contact me directly.

    Regards,
    Kevin O'Toole
    Sprite Software

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin I think I know what caused the problem. It wasn't Sprite, it was with the application called Clear Temp, which erases all the registry associated with all the files I installed. So when Sprite backed it up, it did not find the registries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool thanks for the update Byron.

    If you do encounter any problems with Sprite Backup be sure to check out our support area here;

    http://www.spritesoftware.com/support-backup6

    Have you got the latest version - 6.5.2??

    Cheers,
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete