Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My New Postpaid Plans

I have maintained 2 mobile lines for the past 6yrs. One for Globe Telecoms and one for Sun Cellular.

Previously my plan for globe was 499/month consumable and i top it off with a grandfathered Super Duo (unlimited calls to globe/TM and landline within area network).

I have been a Globe subscriber since 1997 and only got one phone from them (nokia 61i circa 2007). And recently I was having a hardtime calling a landline and maintaining a long phone call with their congested network.

Their loyalty offer to me last time I was eligible for one was an iPhone3G (in think 2009) with money out! So i did not take it (because Im not an apple fan). Then next to that they offered me a galaxy y (2011) which they dont have stock. And recently (yesterday), they offered me a 3gs with 14k money out. Are they serious!? That model is 3 generations too old! And they also offered me blackberries with moneyout in the range of 14k to 24k money out. Bb is a dying brand and your offering that to me?! Ripp off offers! So i decided to get the 125/month rebate. They calculated this by saying that my plan was only 499 even tough Im paying them atleast 1000+ a month. The 499 for superduo is only an addon so it does not count. Wow.

So if this is how they treat a loyal subscriber who pays them 1000/month ATLEAST the past few years, then I dont thik they deserve my money.

Therefore I downgraded to P599/month (unlimited call and text to globe/tm).

My experience with Sun Cellular is a bit sunnier. I started with them for 350/month (unlimited call and text to sun) and maintained that for 4 years so I got 2 free phones from them. Then I also got 2 more lines for my wife and my mom (which i got free phones too). Then when it was time to upgrade my line I upgraded to 450/month (unlimited call and text and free 20 hours data) with again another free phone, a galaxy y.

But now I wanted an unlimited data plan. So do i go with globe or sun?

Logic dictated that I go with sun because of their better treatment to me. So that i did.

I ugraded my 450 to 999/month (unlimited call and text to sun and unlimited data) and topped it with 199/month (free 1000 text to other networks).

So in the end my Sun plan is 999+ 199 or 1198/month, and my globe was down to 599/month.

If only globe treated me better, they were my 1st choice. But now Im invested with Sun and im planning to stick with them.

Actually im only keeping my globe because most of my friends are still using Globe.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment