Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Meego out, Jolicloud in!

I had a very short honeymoon with Meego because it cant play avi files, which was essential for me because I use my netbook for internet and movies. I planned to put Ubuntu on it, but it was not meant to be because I first stumbled upon Jolicloud. Installing jolicloud was fast enough because they have an extensive tutorial in their website. First thing I tried was playing .avi files. Check! Then I tried Firefox, check! So basically it passed! Boot up was slower than meego but it was way faster than xp. Another bonus for me was installing Dropbox was a breeze! Actually installing essential apps via its apps area is just a click away! I also tried to attach the Acer Aspire One on my external screen, and it was also supported! So from now on, I think my netbook will run with this OS!

No comments:

Post a Comment