Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Review of Huawei Honor X2 (Mediapad X2)

This will be my review of the Huawei Honor X2 or internationally known as Mediapad X2.


Front

Back


I got my unit from a friend that went to China since I cannot wait for it to come out locally. It came with a standard 2A charger and chord. If you are reading this review I'm sure you don't need the basic stuff as you already know it.I got the model GEM703L which works here in the Philippines. It has 3gig of RAM and 16gig of ROM, which is expandable by micro SD card up to 128gig. I haven't tried that since I only got a 32gig micro SD card.

Well its BIG. Comparing it to my Galaxy Note 2 it is huge! Though I can handle it easily by one hand, YOU CANNOT USE IT WITH ONLY ONE HAND, unless you are Shaq.
Screen is bright and crisp. I love the screen. I bought it for its huge screen and I'm not disappointed. Viewing angle is good.

Call quality is also excellent. I use a Bluetooth phone since I don't want to put this over my face. Hehe.

Battery is superb. I'm a heavy user and this phone last me till night time.  Comparing to the Note2 which would only last me up to 3pm this is a blessing. 
6 hours of screen time! 




It's my first time to use Emui, Huawei's launcher and I like it a lot! It has so many optimizations that I haven't tried it all. One that I particularly like is that I can control what app starts up or remain close till I wan
t to use it.
Camera on this thing is also good. It take good photos and decent enough videos. I particularly like its super night mode and beauty mode which removes blemishes on one's face. Hehe.
Sounds is loud enough for enjoying YouTube and videos.

WiFi strength is great and holds on to the connection. Way better than my Note 2.
WiFi Router is on the 2nd floor and still WiFi strength is good.

Now we go to things that I don't like. 1st is even though it has a huge screen, apps recognize your phablet as a phone. So for example in Hay Day you get a side street store with only 1 column instead of 2 columns that you get when you use a tablet. 2nd thing that annoys me is the placement of the 2nd sim slot and the micro SD slot. They put these two together on a single tray. So either you expand your memory or you use that tray for a 2nd sim (nano). Why Huawei? Why?

Overall I'm thrilled with this amazing phablet. I like super big phones so this suits me. This is not for everyone because of its size but if you want to carry your phone and your tablet wherever you go like me, this was made for you.

If you believe in benchmarks this phablet placed 3rd overall just below MX4 and the Note4.


If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, I'll try my best to answer your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment