Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Acer Aspire One Saga Continues

Hello world!

I just want to say that im done with Linux. You see I tried to use linux linpus the orig OS on my acer aspire one 8gig since the XP I installed before was grounding into a halt. It was good for basic use. I had office apps, skype, firefox, azureus, BUT that was it. What gave me the urge to install XP again was the sun broadband usb that I cant use with linux.

So yesterday night, I reinstalled Rons tiny xp which was configured for netbooks with small capacity. So here I am using XP again, and I have used my sun broadband usb! Though it was like dail up speed since there is no 3G here in the province.

I have started installing some basic programs into it. Like ofcoures firefox and some of its add ons, dropbox, etc.

Then I came up with an idea of just using portable version of some apps so that it wont eat up my very limited capacity on the AcerAspireOne. Here is what I have installed so far:
-skype
-clamwin (antivirus)
-miranda (multiple IM client)

Thats it for now. Im using these portable versions so that my netbook wont ground to a halt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment