Sunday, August 17, 2008

Using my i780 as a modem (via bluetooth)

Just follow these steps:
1)First pair the PC and your phone of course
2)After pairing, meaning the phone and the pc sees each other, go to your phone and look for the icon "internet sharing".
3)Choose bluetooth pan as you pc connection then press connect. So now your phone is on data connection via gprs, 3g or 3g+
4) Then go to your pc now and go to My bluetooth places search for Network Access Point and enable it. It will turn green with arrows, meaning it has established a connection.
TADA! Now you have internet connection using your i780s

PS. Ofcourse make sure that you have good data plan like globes 15mins for P5. Dont use per kb data charging because this will cost you A LOT!!!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:32 PM

    Byron,

    Are you able to browse internet on your i780 using a Globe sim? I could not and Globe could not provide the correct settings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes im using globe sim. its supposed to be automatic. you i780 will download the settings for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:30 PM

    Hi, I have a similar problem with my i780 not being able to connect it as a modem. I am running VISTA on my computer and can't find the icon for "internet sharing". Any other tips for me? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:21 AM

    I can connect to the internet via BT Modem and i780 following this guide. Thanks.

    Internet sharing is in the program list in WM 6.

    ReplyDelete