Friday, June 13, 2008

Tip for browsing the net thru your mobile device

Well because I'm accessing the net thru my phone right now, I just want to share some tips.

First, get a decent browser. If you are not satisfied with your current browser try using operamini 4.1. As long as your phone has java capabilities, you can use this.

If you don't know yet, some sites are beginning to create mobile versions of their sites. Why? One, because the screen is small on our mobile devices. Secondly, our phones ram is small compared to our pc/laptops so it can't handle too many fancy graphics and pictures.
Here are some sites that have mobile versions that I usually visit on my phone:
-m.gmail.com
-m.multiply.com
-m.friendster.com
-m.engadget.com
-m.google.com
-m.cnet.com
-m.cnetasia.com
-m.nba.com

Those are just samples. if you want to try your favorite site, just try replacing www. with m. for example, www.nba.com becomes m.nba.com

No comments:

Post a Comment